2011 m. gruodžio 18 d., sekmadienis

Lecture on News Literacy


I have been getting ready for my English class and found a video lecture about news literacy. Howard Schneider gives an important idea that we all need to be professional news consumers and to be news literate, not only to be a good citizens, but also to distribute fair information. Remember, we are all publishers at Web 2.0. In the Stony Brook University in NY not only students of Journalism are having lectures of News Literacy, but also the students of Chemistry, for example. That is a very good idea. Also, the school pupils should have lessons about the news literacy, maybe not in a such a deep level. While watching this, I was even thinking to organize some courses of news literacy in Lithuanian schools. But I am lazy enough to dream enough... Last time I wanted to direct a radio play.

However, this is an hour and a half long lecture about the news literacy. I enjoyed it.